Monday, October 4, 2010

Starting Out-Flashback 1





OK, guys. I've been meaning to create a blog for this stuff almost since i started working on effects again. I've been doing stuff now for about 3 weeks so what i'm going to do is backtrack to the stuff i've already done so i will be current with a complete history.

So to start-

About june i wanted to start making my own effects. I found a kit on ebay for a boost. Bought that. Got a soldering gun (weller, i researched) and some solder. I got the kit and started. I was surprised how easy it was to solder the pieces in. I got confident and starting putting pieces in. When looking at the schematic i was trying to figure out how to put the transistor in, and then i realized i hadn't put all pieces in the right way. Right spot, wrong direction. Duh. Well i put it down with intention to fix it but i never did. I still have the pieces and enclosure.


about 4 months later i thought my PM7 looked boring so i painted it. I didn't try too hard to get a perfect look. I prefer character. I used testor's hunter green and some yellow wood paint we had. It turned looking cool. I rubbed the yellow in for a faded almost wood look. I then roughed up some of the corners to the metal for a textured look. I bought rustoleum varnish and covered it. (too thick) I bought a paint maker and redid the control labels. It looks cooler now i think and it was good experience on painting. In hindsight i should have primed it and rough up the metal, but i wasn't too worried about it, i was just having fun. Also the paint marker is REALLY hard to use, so some of the controls came out looking odd.

Here's some photos of my PM7.

No comments:

Post a Comment